(Spruce Grove, AB) – The Spruce Grove Saints are accepting applications for the role of full-time Assistant Coach for the 2022-2023 season. The Saints offer the ideal candidate the ability to join a dynamic and fast-paced coaching environment in one of the top Junior “A” leagues in North America. This position will afford the self-motivated individual the opportunity to learn and hone their coaching skills while working within a program that possesses a strong history of winning and excellence.
As a coach of Saints, there is a high level of expectation that the successful applicant is fully prepared to commit the time and effort required to provide our players with highest level of detail and coaching available to them.
The ideal candidate will possess the qualifications required and be prepared to execute their job responsibilities outlined below. All applicants are asked to send their resumes to General Manager Rob Sklaruk – email@example.com and Head Coach Bram Stephen – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Saints organization would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our program, however, only those who are chosen to advance to the interview process will be contacted.
Compensation will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
• Strong hockey background in playing, coaching, evaluating
• Strong interest and commitment to player development and leading individual player development plans (IDP)
• Ability to work with fellow coaching personnel
• Strong communication and organizational skills with all stakeholders within the organization
• Available to meet time requirements
• Assist with player evaluation and the player selection process
• Assist with planning, organizing and conducting practices and team/individual video
• Assist with player skill development and IDP (Individual Development Plans)
• Assist with pre-game preparation.
• Assist with travel and meal logistics
• Assist with the operation of the team during the games
• Assist with scouting and evaluation of opponents
• Assist with the supervision of players off and on the ice
• Assist with the formulation of the game plan
• Report to the Head Coach and General Manager