Posted October 20th, 2014 @ 11:19 am
CALGARY, Alberta – The Portage Terriers of the MJHL, following a dramatic Sunday evening overtime victory, remain as the only unbeaten team in the CJHL. The SJHL’s Notre Dame Hounds remain unbeaten in regulation time, but dropped an overtime loss this past week to the surging Flin Flon Bombers.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees are continuing their seven-game winning streak, and are starting to build a strong lead in the Interior Division, but the remaining five division teams are only separated by three points. The Camrose Kodiaks continue atop the AJHL standings and are joined this week by the Spruce Grove Saints – who have played two more games than the Kodiaks.
The Kindersley Klippers are right on the heels of the Notre Dame Hounds in the SJHL, and four teams including Flin Flon Bombers, Battlefords North Stars, Nipawin Hawks, and the Melville Millionaires are within three points of second place overall. The Winkler Flyers and the Dauphin Kings are also coming together and pulling ever closer to Portage Terriers and the Winnipeg Blues. The Fort Frances Lakers have completed another strong week, while in the NOJHL, the Soo Thunderbirds and the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners look like they will be locked in battle for the duration of the season.
The Trenton Golden Hawks and the Cobourg Cougars continue their race in the OJHL’s East Division, and this past week saw the Georgetown Raiders rise to the top of the OJHL’s West Division with games at hand on the rest of the division. The Carleton Place Canadians are threatening to run away with the CCHL regular season title already, and are being pursued most closely by the Ottawa Jr ‘A’ Senators.
The Cougars de Sherbrooke continued atop the standings of the LHJQ, but are being chased by the College Francais de Longueuil, les Panthers de Saint Jerome and the Rangers de Montreal-Est. The Woodstock Slammers are still widening the gap in the MHL, with the Dieppe Commandos, and the Pictou County Weeks Crushers losing more ground the Slammers.
Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings
1. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
2. Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) (2)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (4)
4. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (3)
5. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (6)
6. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (8)
7. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (5)
8. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (9)
9. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (7)
10. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (10)
11. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (15)
12. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (13)
13. Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (NR)
14. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (NR)
15. Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (14)
16. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOHL) (12)
17. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (NR)
18. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (NR)
19. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (NR)
20. College Francais de Longueuil (LHJQ) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Melfort Mustangs (SJHL), Winkler Flyers (MJHL), Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL), Aurora Tigers (OJHL), Rangers de Montreal-Est (LHJQ).
About the Top 20 Rankings – The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.